LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore kumar   10 October 2022


If husband not willing to live with wife and file a divorce application in family court, and ready to give court decided alimony, in such case, can wife deny to take alimony and not give give divorce?
There is no dowry issue,no domestic violence, full freedom to wife to go and take care of her mother, sister, brother and her sister in law etc any time,with financial support too.
Reason from husband side to take divorce is behavior of wife is not good, dominating nature,and I am always right attitude.
what will be the possibility in such situation for divorce?
I am sure that her mother will definitely make her daughter to file complaint for dowry, domestic violence etc to harass husband, though there is no such things from husband side.
pl suggest safe solution for above mentioned situation.
Thanks .


 3 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     10 October 2022

Best option available to husband is to talk to wife and her family, and convince her for divorce by mutual consent. 

Rest things have to be dealt according to situation. 

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     10 October 2022

Premature stage for any legal intervention. Please seek a marriage counselor at this stage.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 October 2022

Other than your confused thoughts, the posting suggests no legal issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register