25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivani Kanake   23 February 2022


my brother want divorce but his wife doesn't want it
what can we do
our counseling has been done twice in bharosa cell but still we want divorce


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 February 2022

It is better to advise both of them to reconcile their disputes/ issues and save marriage 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 February 2022

You can not do anything, and those who want divorce have to proceed to jurisdictional family court on the failure of such counseling.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 February 2022

Getting a decree for divorce from a Court of Law, except in the cases divorce my mutual consent, requires that the petitioner ought to have grounds for seeking divorce. Why is it that your brother is desirous of getting divorce?

Joint Secretary   01 March 2022

Dear Querist

Simply your brother can file a suit under section 13 of HMA before family court

Vivek Kumar Singh
District , Family & High Court Lucknow
Phone No. 9889166094

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query