LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gunjan singh   08 March 2021


how can i recover my streedhan from my sasural as they are not returning it to me is there any leagal way to recover it from them without there consent please help me


 2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   08 March 2021

A woman has an inalienable right to 'streedhan' and can claim it even after her separation from her husband, the Supreme Court has said in a ruling that makes it clear that denial of her claims can amount to domestic violence, making her husband and in-laws liable to face criminal prosecution.

If the stridhan has been kept at your in-laws' house, you can go there with your parent(s) and get it back. If your in-laws stop you from taking it back, you can file an additional complaint with the jurisdictional police for the same.

Hoping you get all your belongings soon.

K. M. Paul
1 Like

legal solutions for all   09 March 2021

Yes correct

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query