LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu Priya   05 July 2020

divorce

m married from 3 years m facing problem in marriage life because of my in laws as my hubby is not a only son of his parents he is not taking any stand and now ready to file false divorce case by saying m pressurising him to seprate from his parents I nver pressurized him what action I will take and how the law will help for tackle this false case

Learning

6 Replies

Arpit Tumbaria (Advocate at Uttarakhand High Court.)     05 July 2020

You may file an FIR against your in laws if they harresing you or make difficulty in your relations.

if they try any brutal act like beating you or abusing you so in that case you can file a FIR under s*xtion 498a of IPC against your husband or your in-laws.

Section 498-A: Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty — Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.

Sunayana Chhabra   05 July 2020

You can lodge police complaint against your husband and in-laws u/s 498A/406 IPC for the harassment. You can file complaint under DV Act in the court. You can claim maintenance from your husband. Feel free to contact at sunayana122@gmail.com for further assistance.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     05 July 2020

Hello,

You can file domestic violence case against your in laws for atrocities committed on you. Visit local police station.

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     05 July 2020

dear queriest,
If you intend to punish your in laws you can go with the advice of Adv. Sunayna. If not even if your husband files a divorce on flimsy and false grounds you can always defend it in the court and prove your innocence.

For your information harassment is not a sufficient ground for divorce.

Dr. Solomon Raj K.B.
LL.M.(International Law)
L.L.M.( Crimes & Torts)
Advocate, High Courts of AP & TS.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 July 2020

Originally posted by : Anu Priya
m married from 3 years m facing problem in marriage life because of my in laws as my hubby is not a only son of his parents he is not taking any stand and now ready to file false divorce case by saying m pressurising him to seprate from his parents I nver pressurized him what action I will take and how the law will help for tackle this false case

@ Anu Priya,

You have stated, inter alia, that, "....ready to file false divorce case by saying m pressurising him to seprate from his parents...." implies he has not yet filed any case and it is your apprehension. Whenever, summons of any case is received you are required to face/contest and prove your point of view through your lawyer, law do not provide any help or protection or relief on the basis of apprehension.

Instead of using SMS language use full words, which do not irretate the reader/ respondent / expert from whom you are seeking an obligation. What do you convey with word "m" used by you? What do you save / gain by writing such language ?

You wiil agree that single sentence (without any comma, semi-colon or full stop) in full story make it confusing and the reader/ respondent /expert is compelled to presume certain facts which may not be correct. true.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 July 2020

Theposting suggests mere emotions and fears than any situation which calls for any legal action aagainst the husband or the in-laws or seeking protection. If at all the husband seeks divorce, the facts posted do not suggest any wrong doing on your part which would enable him to get a decree for divorce. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register