LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MUKESH GUPTA   24 February 2020


can a person withdraw pending divorce petition and file again from another place


 4 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     24 February 2020

Yes. Why not?  But there must be some reasons for withdrawal.  Otherwise, it may be taken as you have given up the grounds for filing the divorce petition or it may also be taken as you have filed the divorce petition on false grounds. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 February 2020

just file application to withdarw the case from the court  for filing in other court /jurisdiction.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 February 2020

Seek liberty of the Court to refile the case with certain amendments/ modification in the petition and withdraw pending case.

Peggy Bryan   30 March 2020

Yes, of course, it's possible. In addition, remember that there are several options for applying for a divorce: 1) You can file for a divorce using the services of a lawyer; 2) You can get the documents necessary for a divorce through the online divorce service.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register