IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

laxman   18 October 2018

Dispute in partition of house

We are two brothers, 8 years back we built a house with 2-BHK two portions in 200 sq.yards area. Recently we divided and equally partitioned this house including built plot. This was written on normal white papaer infront of some "witness" This house was registered on my brothers name so we done gifted registerdon of my half part. my brother taken half of south side portion where the staircase also built to upper cases. Now the case is my brother is asking to leave the whole first floor to construct the house and saying to take the second floor. Is it advisable to give the first floor as already the ground floor and the land is divided eaqually? Is there any legal issues comes in future generations? How do I transfer/register the half of my part/house on my name? Plese help me solve this issue... Thanks, Laxman 9958414343


 3 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     18 October 2018

Approach an advocate (if possible, both of you brothers) and get a partitioned deed made as per the legal procedure.

Get the property registered in your individual names.

Seek the advice of an advocate in person with all the details of the house regarding renovation and proceed further.


1 Like

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     18 October 2018

made a architechture map and enter Into agreement with agreed terms conditions . feel free to call if any doubt
1 Like

Adv. Aditya (Litigator GROSON ADVISORS)     21 October 2018

Dear Concerned,

Get the partition deed registered to safeguard future interests.

As also, upon construction of first floor and second floor, in the event of ground floor partitioned already, and you receiving the second floor, there does not arise any prejudice against you. 

If not already, you can start paying house tax on your name for your portion. 

Further, approach a local advocate who has knowledge of property law, with property document and the partition deed that has been already executed, for more explanatory and precise solution. 



+91 83683 51537

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query