Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pushkar (DR)     13 May 2012

Dismissal of complaint under 156(3) crpc

Hi

My brother had filed a criminal compalint against me falsely alleging that I had registered land using their forged POA. This complaint was dismissed by the Judicial magistrate over 1 month ago.

What is the timeframe for filing a revision before a sessions or high court.

My most important query is that in case a revision is filed by them in the sessions or high court , is it always the case that a notice will be issued to the accused (in this case me). I am a bit curious as so far I have not taken part in any court proceedings. The magistrate dismissed the 156(3) complaint on the basis of the police report.

So I am trying to ascertain whether the sessions court or high court will definitely send notice to me in case they go for an appeal/revision under section 397 or 482??

Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     13 May 2012

Dear Querist, 

The High Court or the COS won't pass any adverse order without hearing you, it may also happen that it may not issue notice and dismiss their revision in limine without notice to them. Period of Limitation for revision is 90 days

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 May 2012

Agreed in total.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register