LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek   29 November 2021

Discrepancy in father name

Sir, my name is abhishek, and in my all documents like 10th, 12th, graduation, Pan, adhar : my father name is Rajeev, but in my father's documents it is Rajeev kumar, i am selected for a Govt bank job, so now i have to make a bond and for that my father should be one of the surity, and they are also demanding my father's ID proof, but my father's name in my documents and in my father's documents is a bit different, will i face problems in future and what should i do to correct it, please help, i seriously work very hard for the job.

 7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   29 November 2021

Take. A declaration from court and keep it  for proof.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2021

The disrepency is a non-issue. As far as the execution of the surety what matters is the name as shown in the identity document produced for verification.

Abhishek   29 November 2021

How can i make it can you please tell me the procedure .

Anaita Vas   29 November 2021

Seek the help of a local notary to make an affidavit for name change. You will have to explain the reason why you want to change your name. 

Next, you need to publish the change of name in at least two local newspaper. It’s recommended that you publish one in an English daily and one in a regional publication. This is to announce your new name publicly. Remember to keep copies of newspaper with you.

Once it’s published, you should then get it notified in the official gazette of the state you reside in. This can be done by filling the deed changing name form from the gazette office. Don’t forget to take duplicate copies. Submit the copies to the office for publishing in the Government press for gazette notification.

Your documents will be verified by the Department of Commerce and Transport secretary . For this, you will need to send

– A letter to the secretary stating that you want to change your name and request him/her to allow you to do that.
– The deed changing name form.
– At least 2 copies of local newspaper, which published your name.
– Attested copy of the affidavit.
– A copy of your present identity (PAN card, voter ID card, passport, etc).

After receiving approval from the secretary, you will have to submit it to the local gazette office. You will also have to pay a fee for the office to publish it in the newspaper.



Anaita Vas

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2021

The above posting, to my understanding, lacks crdibility. Yes, there are limitations in providing guidance. But this platform should not be a source of misguidance to the innocent querists.

Abhishek   30 November 2021

Sir/mam the bond is that, if i leave bank before 2 years i have to pay some money to the bank in consideration of its investment on me. For that my father should be one of the surety, but my father has a different name in his documents and i have a different name in my documents, i have RAJEEV as father name in my documents and my father has RAJEEV KUMAR in his documents, will a affidavit stating both RAJEEV and RAJEEV KUMAR is same person, will not work,  if not what else will be the solution.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 November 2021

Why speculate? Furnish the same person affidavit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query