LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (Software Engineer)     24 January 2014

Discharge the chargesheet filed for 498a

A charge sheet has been filed where I'm accused of Dowry and harassment (498a). I have bank statements and a voice recordings where in my wife is threatening me that she would call police and say that I have hurt her. Can I file a discharge application against charge sheet by producing this evidence.

I want to know the consequences and next steps after filing a discharge application. Will this affect the trial? Or is it good to file for a discharge of charge sheet.

Learning

3 Replies

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     24 January 2014

Dear Harish,

For discharge you have to bring discrepancies in the chargesheet, you don't have to file the evidence of your favour at this stage. You have to file the counter case against your wife. which will affect not only trial but build pressure on your wife also. For discharge its depend upon advocate to file application or not. but it should be filed.

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate 

Bhasin Legal Consultants

SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES

www.bhasinlegalconsultants.com

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     24 January 2014

You can approach to HC with these ground under 482 to quash the proceeding.

Don't disclose these defence in lower court at the stage of charge, It may help you during cross examination and at the time of your defence.

rajendra (na)     25 January 2014

Please file discharge application without fail and if u are successful go for quash in high court........

evidence will not be considered in quash .....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register