LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hari (engineer)     07 July 2014

Difference in area and survey no of land purchased

I have purchased 80 cents of land of a particular survey no in 1994 from a person who was in possession of the same since 1940 and the same has been transferred to my name in the village records after "POOKKUVARAVU". Now my land is measured by the survey department and  it is stated that my holding covers only 75 cents of that particular survey no and out of the remaining in my possession 2 cents is PORAMBOKE and 3 cents pertains to another survey no as per the resurvey plan of 1976. I would like to know whether the authorities can reduce my area in the records as per the new measurements without my consent and evict the difference in area for which i have paid value and is in my  and my sellers possession for such a long period. What remedial measures is available for me

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 July 2014

The property documents are to be seen to give a proper opinion to your query.  If what you say is to be accepted as fact, you can approach civil court with a suit for declaration and mandatory injunction. Consult a local lawyer and proceed as per his advise.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register