LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tanyageo123@gmail.com (Developer)     29 July 2011

Dictation inside word document

There is an Australian Software (VoiceEx Communications) through which a lawyer can embed his dictations at the desired locations inside a Word Document. This voice-embedded Word document can be emailed to the typist, who can follow the location-specific dictations in the word document and create a Word document.

Since a vast majority ( almost 80%) of the legal documents are minor adaptations of the existing documents, I think it is very useful to the lawyer's community.

What is your opnion on the applicabilty of the software in  Indian scenerio ?

The intersted lawyers may please mail to jg@searchterrain.com

B.Prakash

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     29 July 2011

I did not get you. we already have a software known as dragon speech, even MS XP has an inbuilt speaking software where speech is turned to typed words. please give details of the software. i am interested to know more about this.

tanyageo123@gmail.com (Developer)     29 July 2011

Dragon Speech converts speech to text. ( as also the  Windows Xp utility). From a lawyers poit of view, a new document 

1. has  a 95% chance of  having   the same format ( paragaphs, tables, bold letters, margin , under lining , font , bullets ) as the existing document . ( Dragon Speech has got nothing to the format )

2. is an adpation of an existing document ( change the accused name , change court name , delete a sentence , insert a sentence  ) . All these adaptions are location-specific inside the existing Word document (  With Dragon Speak  you have no location-specific way of dictating ).

With the software I recommend,

1. Open your existing word document in your laptop ( microphone implied ).

2. Click  the mouse at the relevant location and utter something like ( "delete this sentence and replace with the my speech now" , " change the court name to 16th Metropolitan court ").

3. Save the document with a new name and mail to your typist

Your typist opens the document 

1. clicks at the marked locations.

2. The software plays your dictations.

3. Following the dictations, the typist modifies the documents.

4. mails back the new document to you.

Hope it is clear now

B.Prakash

098408 50005

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register