Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Perumal Sundaramurthy Raj   31 October 2020

Dhanam settlement query

Dear Sir / Mam,

Good day !!!

I am NRI currently working abroad. I & my BIL (BROTHER IN LAW) jointly trying to buy commercial property in Tamil Nadu by 50% payment by him & 50% payment by me. As I am working abroad due to global pandemic I can't travel to India for signing registration papers. Current owner is planning to sell it immediately as he needs urgent money. In this case I am planning to ask my BIL to register property on his name & later do dhana settlement on this property i.e my share on my wife name (ie on his sister). Is it advisable to do it in this way by dhana settlement later on my arrival or need to do registration again after my arrival ???? or any valuable suggestions. 




 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 October 2020

When you are abroad, you can give an authorisation with your photo, Aadhaar card No, and signature.  There is a proforma for representatives under Sec.32-A of Registration Act.  Ask your BIL to obtain the authorization Form under Sec.32-A from the Sub Registrar Office and to send the same to you.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 November 2020

Yes, proceed as suggested by learned expert, Mr. Satyanarayana.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 November 2020

As a vendee (purchaser) your presence is not essential / compulsory / mandatory. Your brother in-law can get it registered in the name of both of you (on behalf of himself as well as yourself). 

Sridaran Ganapathysubramanian   01 November 2020

You have to give a Specific general power of attorney. in favour of your Bil,duly attested by Indian Embassy officer.

Perumal Sundaramurthy Raj   02 November 2020

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your advise. I can see this proforma in internet. If I  send this hard copy to my BIL, Would my name can be included in deed ??? Am I right ???

One more clarification is, in the proforma witness area is mentioned. It has to be signed by witness here abroad or by the witness available during registration. Kindly advise.    

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register