Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam Paul   12 November 2021


A man is absconded for more than 15 years. Can his wife be availed divorce degree


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 November 2021

Did she file a missing complaint at Police Station concerned? Why keep silent all these years? 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 November 2021

The procedure relating to a person missing for Seven  years or more to be followed through Court.


Please approach local capable Lawyer, give full details and be guided by him/her.

minakshi bindhani   13 November 2021

As per your concerns!
Under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1956 under section 13 the grounds for divorce has been provided. Desertion can be the ground for your illustrated query.

Desertion means the permanent abandonment of one spouse by the other spouse without any reasonable justification ant his consent. In General, the rejection of the obligations of marriage by one party.
The essential ingredient for desertion are as follows;
Permanent abandonment of the other spouse.

Rejection of the obligation of marriage.

Without any reasonable justification.

No consent of another spouse.

Hope it is useful!
Minakshi Bindhani

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 November 2021

The query appears to be too casual!

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 November 2021

Whether wife has got her husband declared to be presumed dead under Section 108 of Indian Evidence Act, 1873

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query