Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can anyone take your picture or video without your permissio

Page no : 2

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 June 2021

Right to privacy has been recognised to be incidental to Fundamental Rights and hence everyone is conferred with the right; it is not a right that is conferred.

A citizen does not lose the right to privacy just because he or she happens to be at a public place. No action which specifically interferes or intrudes into the privacy of a person constitutes a civil wrong and hence a civil action lies. 

Yes there is nothing wrong if a person takes photo or makes a video in a public garden. However, if the endeavour focusses on a person or group of persons, the said act could only be with the express permission of those persons. Else, in my understanding, the act is a certain civil wrong.

1 Like

What's here   29 June 2021

Originally posted by : P. Venu
Right to privacy has been recognised to be incidental to Fundamental Rights and hence everyone is conferred with the right; it is not a right that is conferred.

A citizen does not lose the right to privacy just because he or she happens to be at a public place. No action which specifically interferes or intrudes into the privacy of a person constitutes a civil wrong and hence a civil action lies. 

Yes there is nothing wrong if a person takes photo or makes a video in a public garden. However, if the endeavour focusses on a person or group of persons, the said act could only be with the express permission of those persons. Else, in my understanding, the act is a certain civil wrong.

Thanks for the clear information

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 July 2021

In my earlier posting, the first line may be read as - Right to privacy has been recognised to be incidental to Fundamental Rights and hence everyone is inhered with the right; it is not a right that is conferred.

The lapse is regretted.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More