LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Manager)     01 March 2020

Delete wife's name from service book

Sir, My wife is saperated from me since last eight years. As she didn't come back I file divorce case which is pending in court. There is no hope of reunion in future. I am central government employee. Can I delete wife's name from Service Book ? Is there any DOPT instructions in this regard ?

Learning

10 Replies

RAJ KAMBLE   01 March 2020

you can change nominy any time and include your mother or father or any other names

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 March 2020

You can change the list of your Dependents and/or Nominees in the records of your Employer. 

You may contact the HR Department of your organization to know more about internal procedures/rules as to how to intimate them and the proforma if any.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     01 March 2020

In my above reply word List relates to Dependents and not to Nominee.

SUNIL KUMAR (apprentice)     01 March 2020

You can change your family detail as per your convenience...under rule 54 family details can be altered any time.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2020

Not able to agree to any of the above views.

First of all name of spouce is not there in service book.  This name is in the nominations and medical benefit papers.

You cannot exclude her name from nomination unless there is a divorce or judicial seperation. Even if you make nomination in gavour of anyone the same shall be invalid even if erroneously accepted by the deptt.

Further in case you drop her name from CGHS card this amounts to non-maintenace and you can be compelled to foot her entire medical bills from your pocket and depriving yourself of the rembursement.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 March 2020

Submit an application to your employer for deletion of her name from nomination and dependency.

It is better to wait for decree of divorce before submitting the application so that you can attach copy of the order/judgment.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 March 2020

i repeat

You cannot exclude her name from nomination unless there is a divorce or judicial seperation. Even if you make nomination in gavour of anyone the same shall be invalid even if erroneously accepted by the deptt. Further in case you drop her name from CGHS card this amounts to non-maintenace and you can be compelled to foot her entire medical bills from your pocket and depriving yourself of the rembursement.

Arun Halder   24 September 2023

Sir 

I just wanted to know if the court case of me and my wife is going on and I have been separated for almost 7 years, then can I show those documents and remove her name from nomination?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 September 2023

are you judicially seperated?  If yes then you cn exclude her from nominations (but nor from record). In case you die beofre divorce the SHE and SHE alone is entitled to receive all benefits.  Nominaion in favour of other will be void.

even if divorce is there you have to pay maintenance which includes cost of treatment. During service you cannot dete her from CGHS because you  canbe compelled to bear cost of her treatment and once excluded from CGHS you cannot claim reimbursement.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 September 2023

Yes, you need to wait for the divorce proceedings to be completed and decree of divorce is granted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register