LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     06 June 2012

Delayed judgements

any one please help me, I am struck badly in SCDRC with the Members and the President giving extensions to the JD (judgement debtor) time and again at my cost, I have more than Rs. 50 Lacs struck up of my hard earned money but the Judges in the forum are hand in glove with the builders and are delaying the matter, so that I can yield before the JD's for an out of court settlement for a far lessor amount. The Lawyer of the Builder was bold enough to say in the open that he would teach me a lesson, can someone gide me if I can report about the attitude and misuse of power  by  the President  of SCDRC.Already the Builder has been using my money of above Rs. 50 Lacs fro more than 5 years as on date. The consumer forums were made to help the consumers get justice at the lowest cost. The same is no way true, even to file a complaint you need to pay hefty amounts to the advocates and much more to file Execution applications and /or to defend the Appeals or file an appeal against the Opposing Party.

Learning

5 Replies

inderjeet (business)     07 June 2012

thanks for sharing htis problem one thing is clear perhps you dont know this is india and here judiciary takes sometime 50 years to decide the cases and even then the results are nil. you may be aware that number of pending cases in our country is increasing but no one bothers only affected will remain affected. as per justice- justice must be done done and should be visible justice but alas this is in writing only practice is different.

inderjeet (business)     07 June 2012

justice delayed is justice denied it is true and also true is that we are losing faith in justice system

kamal (Advocate)     07 June 2012

Hi Vinodh,

Approach appellate authority.

Thanks,

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     07 June 2012

Sir, Thanks for your reply. But please do tell me who is the appellate aurthority when the caseis pending both before th SCDRC and NCDRC, I am given to understand that while the cases are pending even the SLP in Supereme Court is not taken up. 

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     07 June 2012

In your query you have mention of the case pending before the SCDRC and you have complaint against President SCDRC, this matter may be taken up before NCDRC as appellate `Authority. you are right that the SLP shall not be admitted if the matter is already pending bebore SCDRC/NCDRC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register