Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjeet (Associate)     25 March 2012

Delay in custom clearance of re-import shipment

Hello Sir,

This is a re-import shipment.
Earlier, it was meant to ship from Hyderabad to Ukraine.
When I realized that the requester was into a fraudulent dealing with me, I immediately recalled the shipment.
So it got reshipped midway from Germany back to Hyderabad.
It is now in Hyderabad customs on cargo mode and the DC of customs is delaying in granting clearance to it in absence of the Import Export Code (IEC).
Since I am not a regular importer so don\'t have an IEC and instead I have already sent NON-IEC permission letter to the concerned department.
It\'s been already more than a month and still custom clearance is awaited on this shipment.
I don\'t have any direct contact with anyone in customs and so clueless as to why it\'s taking so long or even i doubt if they have any intention to clear it.

I am only in communication with DHL and each time they say that we are yet to get clearance from customs but its under process.
The overall process makes me think either customs are not willing to release it for personal benefits or they have an intention to put it in auctions.
Either ways its frustrating and so looking for some legal advice on this matter.

Please suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     16 May 2013

if the matter is stil pending, i can figure out something, mail me at legalarrow86@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register