LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parth   14 January 2016

Degree from regular course while in govt service

While in permanent Govt Service, I wish to pursue a PG Degree (Regular course).

I want to go for the course during leisure period by managing the time without detracted from my efficiency towards the service and neither asking for any leave/ NOC/ financial-grant.

Can I apply for any job (Govt./Pvt.) based on this degree of a regular course which is obtained while in service?

Do any employer recognise/consider it as a valid degree to be applied against vacancy of a post?

Learning

9 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     15 January 2016

While in government service, you have to abide by the service rules. Please contact your seniors as to the service rules governing your appointment. I am sure, without taking permission or NOC you cannot even join Evening College, which may not come in the way of your Office work(depending upon at which level you are working)

When thatis the position, you cannot join a regular service to prosecute further studies.

Once you finish and apply for other job based on such degree, you have to mention about your service experience, in which case, questions will be asked how you have prosecuted full time course without permission. If you do not mention your Governmnet Service experience and act as if you have been unemployed, you stand least chance due to your age and lack of experience.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2016

very clear. even for joining a correspondence course you need permission of deptt.

Parth   15 January 2016

Now, if NOC is granted for such regular course will the degree be considered for furher employment??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2016

without NOC the qualification will not be added to service record and no benefit will be given. + you are also liable for disciplinary action.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     15 January 2016

Mr. Parth, Please refer to Paragrah 2 of myu reply above. It is meant to explaint exactly you are again and again asking.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     15 January 2016

1) Agree with the above-mentioned opinions of all experts.

2) While working in Government Office during office hours, u hv stated also having attended regular Degree course, showed attendance at Government Office as well as Educational Institute, which is a proved gross misconduct with recorded evidence attracting major penalty.

3) U hv also failed to obtain NOC from the Government before joining the regular course or even for Evening Courses prior permission is a must.

4) By doing so, u hv suppressed material information and misrepresented the facts to the Government tantamount to major misconduct.

5) Ur qualification so obtained is void and the University can annul the qualification acquired by falsifying information and initiate action having deprived another eligible regular candidate from getting admission.

6) The qualification and experience during the same period cannot be used for further jobs as both overlap on which both the Government and the University can initiate action.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     16 January 2016

Well said K V Ramakrishna Jee. Law should be used to get justice but not to circumvent it for one's personal comfort.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     16 January 2016

Exactly.  Very aptly advised by u all experts.

Parth   16 January 2016

Understood the following point:

1. Regular courses can not be attended while in Govt Service.

I 'll go for distance learning course with prior NOC. Hope it will be worthfull.

Thanks all for replies!

Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register