LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sugar Daddy   25 October 2018

defmation case against my wife for filing false 498a

My wife has filed false 498a case against me and my family. She stated that my younger brother and I have demanded 25 lakhs from her which I didn't. She also said I tried to have physical relation with her forcefully.. and my younger brother used to harass her s*xually also which is not true. I want to file counter case against her as she has no evidences can I file false defmation case against her ? I don't need her money but want to harass her as she harassed me and my family

Learning

5 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     25 October 2018

can I file false defmation case against her ?
Yes you can, but it is recommended that you do not do it.

I don't need her money but want to harass her as she harassed me and my family
If she get details of you making such statements on public forum, such as above, is sufficient evidence to prove your intent and you may have to face other issues.

Consult a good local advocate, who practices family laws with all details for better appreciation of facts and a good advice to help out get out of your present situation.

Sugar Daddy   25 October 2018

Why is it not recommending

Sudheendra (Social worker )     25 October 2018

That will only put you to more problems.

Instead seek a mutual consent divorce and move on with your life.

Martin S.   25 October 2018

Not defamation.  You file counter 498a as giving dowry to you is also a crime.  If she tells she gave you dowry, she will only go to jail.

1 Like

Rahul Arya (Practicing lawyer)     26 October 2018

If she used abusing words against you & your family you can go for it, here repution of family suffered so defamation case covered it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register