Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagadishwaran (Consultant & Advisor)     21 January 2014

Defective automobile

Good Morning,

I am not sure if this is right forum to place this question. I had purchased a brand new SUV from a showroom. It worked well for 8 years. Recently, the chassis simply broke while in a parked condition. The manufacturer is refusing to replace that part as he says it is out of warranty.

The insurance company is saying that since there is no accident they will not replace it either. This is very expensive part and I cannot afford to buy a new one and I want the manufacturer to replace it for me free of costs.

I checked some websites and it says that in India, vehicles are built to last 3 lakh kms running. Metal parts like chassis etc is not expected to break at all.  What are my options ? How can I force the manufacturer to replace this free of cost.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     21 January 2014

Issue legal notice to concerned company with a polite prayer other wise threaten them to expose the defect of the product before media.

You should post your complaint also in following link- I found it very effective mode.

https://www.ccccore.co.in/

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     23 January 2014

Since the warranty period has over so manufracturer is not liable to replace the broken part of your SUV.If you have comprehensive insurance policy of your SUV then definitely Insurance company is liable to pay the expenses incurred to get replace the broken part. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register