Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Babu Raj (Student)     20 September 2011

Defamation suit

Dear All,

Please help me.I need immediate help in dealing with a corrupt new found friend whom I beleived and got him a civil work contract in June 2011 from a known friend of mine for a commission on the profits. This corrupt friend was supposed to complete that civil work by end of July 2011 and hence issued me a post dated cheque of Rs 35000/- dated 1-Aug-2011. He delayed the completion of the civil work and completed it last week on 15-Sep-2011 and took the final settlement from my friend .On 1-Aug-2011 he had asked me not to deposit the cheque as he had not yet completed the work , but now on final settlement when I asked him for my commission, he is asking me to wait till 15-Oct 2011. I am sure he has no intention to pay me my commission, all I have is only his crossed cheque issued in my name. Now I have only one option to deposit the cheque and upon it's dishonour send a notice to recover.But I doubt that he would have instructed a stop payment because when I told him today that I am depositing the cheque, he asked me to go ahead and deposit it and that he is not scared of that cheque.I grew very angry and shouted at him to pay me my commission by cash but he refused and told me that I will not get even 1 paisa as commission . He also threatened to expose my demand for commission to my friend for whom he got the civil work done . I am helpless, one side I will be embarassed if my friend comes to know that I earned commission for getting this civil job done on the other hand I am desperate for the commission money and as I had plans of repaying my credit card bills. Now I am considering filing a defamation suit against this corrput new found friend for threatening to expose me to my friend. I have two questions

1) Can I file a defamation suit to avoid this corrupt friend from slander and what damages can I claim?

2) What will I do if he has made a stop payment on the cheque that he has issued me ?, can I still sue him ?.

I need immediate reply.Please help.I am sleepless because of this deceit.



 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query