Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     09 March 2011

Defamation on Media

Hello Everyone,

Can we file case against Media people (print and electronic media both). In most of the cases i have seen they mislead or misrepresent the case in such a way to increase the circulation of the newpaper or to increase the viewership. They tell the story in their own version.

I have seen a case which is similar to film "Shool". A person fighting against the corruption and wanted to unveil the faces of mischievers but it was irony the mischievers blamed him and Media is not missing a single chance to write anything against the honest person. the Police has taken on remand for interrogation but Newpapers are writing like he has been sentenced to Jail.

Please suggest. I am very much annoyed with all this. Can anyone suggest what a person can do and how it can be done.

dwivedi

Learning

2 Replies

Praveen Goud Vanga (Advocate)     09 March 2011

yes u can file a defamation case against media, the main ingridient of defamation is that it should be in public view and the case should be field by the person who is defamed for such publication

a private complaint can be field in the courts

Rakesh kumar Singh (Advocate)     16 April 2012

can you explain the provisions of law regarding defamation by print and electronic media ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register