LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkata Mohana Rao (Law Student)     22 May 2015

Defamation by my parents on my wife due tofalse 498a, no cs

My Wife filed 498A case on me and my Parents where they never stayed with us. IO filed charges only on me by leaving my parents as the allegations doesnot establish on my parents.

Could you please suggest what are the cases my parents can go for Defamation/Damages/Prejury or any other cases as false allegations made by my wife on my parents.


 6 Replies

ABCD (HR Consultant)     22 May 2015

Like women sr. citizens & innocents too have equal rights to live happy life. your parents must ask through court why were they involved and ofcourse claim if any loss, mental harrasment, social reputation....etc. Please review your matter till date and analyse strong and weak points and follow the proper channel. 

Q Slinger (NA)     22 May 2015

as your mom to file DV on your wife....

You can try defamation and damage

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 May 2015

It is a legitimate right of any officer to interrogate or arrest any suspect or some credible material but such an arrest must be in accordance with the law and the interrogation does not mean inflicting injuries.  It should be in its true sense purposeful, namely, to make the investigation effective.  Torturing a person and using third degree methods are of medieval nature and they are barbaric and contrary to law.  The Police would be accomplishing behind their closed doors precisely what the demands of our legal order forbid.  They must adopt some scientific methods than resorting to physical torture.  If the custodians of law themselves indulge in committing crimes then no member of the society is safe and secure.  If Police Officers who have to provide security and protection to the citizens indulge in such methods they are creating a sense of insecurity in the minds of the citizens

Venkata Mohana Rao (Law Student)     23 May 2015

What is ur advise ramachary

Sachin Agarwal (Learner in Law)     01 July 2015

Misuse of women oriented laws is rampant. International movement to check it is going on.

call 0888-2-498-498. 

visit :

All assistance is free. 

1 Like

498_final stage (Professional)     12 July 2015

I have similar case where my entire family was looped in. I was living away from my family with the girl and she filed cases within 6 months of marriage and demanded 50 lakhs to settle the case.

They harrased my family to an extent that I lost my father. The case now is in the final stage and I want to file defemation and other relevant counter cases on them.

I have heard that IPC 211 can be filed as a counter case in 498a. So that any party whomsover is guilty will be punished. Is it a fact? Has anyone used it?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads