LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIL GUPTA   04 July 2021

Defamation

defamation suit filing ke baad me kitna time lagta hai justice me & Isme total kitni fees lag jati hai. plz suggest & answer me.

Learning

3 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   05 July 2021

As per you're question, let me tell you that the time and fee varies with each matter based upon its severeness. There's nothing for-sure when it comes to litigation, as both these relies upon the capability and experience of an advocate.

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

ANIL GUPTA   05 July 2021

यदि कोई न्यूज़ पेपर वाला बिना किसी सबूत के सही पक्ष के विरुद्ध कोई लेख प्रकाशित करता है तो ऐसे में कोई सरल कानूनी कार्रवाई बताए ।
एक पक्ष जो कि अपने साथ हुए कृत्य की रिपोर्ट पोलिस में पहले ही दे चुका हो जिसके बाद पुलिस कार्यवाही होने से पहले गलत पक्ष द्वारा सही पक्ष का नाम उस न्यूज़ पेपर के नाम से डाला गया जिसमे सही पक्ष को बिलकुल गलत माना गया ।
कृपया करके कोई साधारण कार्यवाही बताए जिससे अपने नाम को खराब होने से बचाया जा सके ।

Paras Dargarh   09 July 2021

Defamation is intended to spread false information either spoken or written, which is a threat to a person's reputation or decreases the respect and regard concerning another person or against the feeling of that person. A man's reputation is considered as his asset and if someone harms him he will be held liable for damages. Article 19 of the Indian Constitution guarantees freedom of speech and expression while it imposes exceptions under Article 19(2) of the Constitution. Incitement to offense, defamation etc are some exceptions to mention. Defamation is a bailable non-cognizable and compoundable offense. In a defamation suit, the procedure to file a suit is first registering the complaint. After the complaint is filed in the civil court, the defendant is served notice and he is given a brief time to file answers. Then there is interrogation under oath from which the opposing party gets more idea about you, your potential witnesses, and facts of the case. After that deposition, an interview under oath where the opposite side attorney asks questions. After discovering evidence, complete negotiations begin as both parties are aware of the preliminary information they need. So time taken to deliver justice in a defamation case is not exactly the same and depends on facts and circumstances according to me. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register