LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjayrtn. (Exe)     24 April 2010

Deed of Rectification

Is it possible for the executant to unilateraly (on his/her own-without the knowledge of claimant) register a "deed of rectification" saying that  schedule of the property to be changed from 25 cents to 4 cents only and that too after 11 years of actual sale deed registered at a particular sub-registrar office in Chennai.?? citing the reason that at the time (11years back) of registration of sale deed at theSRO it was done only by the executant so it is not necessary for the claimant to be present. is it correct? or illegal? kindly enlighten. 

( currently the rule is both the parties must be present and sign the relevant documents-as the case may be) but 11 years back it was not so.


 4 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     24 April 2010

For rectification both parties are cant change area in rectificatin deed.

1 Like

unique horn (self)     24 April 2010

Its possible to change the extent with the consent of both and  both parties  should present  and sign the deed.

1 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     24 April 2010

Rectification can be done with consent of both the parties

Prateep (Lawyer)     02 June 2012

can deed of rectification can be done for little change in area within few months of the registration of the sale deed?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register