Dear all,
These airtel people are really beggars, simply deducting balance from airtel prepaid. I had actvated for 50MB data usage for Rs.5 for one day on 15.08.2012 and I had used upto 13MB till night at 9.30 and balance was some 37MB and account balance was Rs.24 and after sometime data balance was 13MB and surprisingly my account balance was Rs.6, Rs.18 was simply dedcucted from my main account. When still 13Mb is remaining, How it could deduct from main balance. My prepaid no. is 9972317830. And I called customer care today at 9.05 AM, and told the same problem.Airtel customer care executive told that it was mistake it happened whta she could for to resolve it and I told you decide and solve it. But she connected call to next level. One person attanded call told it was my mistake and told that it was coonecting to 3G services, so it was being deducted. They give many reasons to support themesleves. When Ihad activated for 50MB 2G connection for Rs.5, how it can connect to 3G?. And one more thing as there was some balance in account it was deducted.But if I keep my account balance nil and keep browsing nothing will happen. But when I keep some balance, i will be surpried to see my balance dedcution automatically. He says that if you balance in main account it will connect directly to 3G not 2G even if you have subscribed for 2G data usage. And he asked me why I have 3G connection, his way of speaking was threatening kind. Is it a blunder to have 3G connection?. And I was tryimng to record his wordings but he denied it, asked me not record. If I record he was not ready to talk. Is it wrong to record their justification regarding problem when they are free to record what we speak to them?. Really horrible people.