LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sania khan (lawyer)     22 November 2020

Date of birth mistake

During registration of Class 10th,The school administration mistakenly did error in my Date of birth,which is 1992 but they wrote 1989.
i passed class 10 in 2006 but still I have the same dob in no all my certificates, Now I am working in a reputed company and I want to rectify that .Though I tried very hard to rectify that in school days but that was futile because of school administration neglegience.kindly suggest me is there any legal way to rectify that?

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 November 2020

for every mistake, laws and regulations mandate the prescribed time frame for correction of the mistake after coming to know the truth.   You ought to have raised a complaint against the school if there is negligence, as the school administration can never enter DOOB without such original or affidavit from parents.   Contact a local advocate with the original certificate for exploring ways if any for correction, as it may be difficult.

RASHID N SHAH (Retired BSNL Employee)     23 November 2020

First of all you have to check what representations/requests were submitted to school administration and if you are having its acknowledgements thereof so you can prove the negligence of administration. Whether the queries and clarifications  asked by the administration had been complied within the reasonable period. You have stated a long period has lapsed why you delayed this work. You can consult a professional advocate to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Rashid N Shah

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     23 November 2020

Hi

You are going to change dob in all certificates & documents  .... it will be seen what  representation you made at that time ..

here i am considering you did not object for the same  at that time ....but later when you get to know consequences of that you though to change of that ...

i would suggest it is very hard  Still if you want ... please have look on your birth certificate what is written 1992 or 1989  if it is 1992 in any documents something could be done ... .....

so please consult local advocate with your all related documents ..Hope my reply must have helped your query...

During registration of Class 10th,The school administration mistakenly did error in my Date of birth,which is 1992 but they wrote 1989. i passed class 10 in 2006 but still I have the same dob in no all my certificates, Now I am working in a reputed company and I want to rectify that

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/date-of-birth-mistake-213922.asp
During registration of Class 10th,The school administration mistakenly did error in my Date of birth,which is 1992 but they wrote 1989. i passed class 10 in 2006 but still I have the same dob in no all my certificates, Now I am working in a reputed company and I want to rectify that

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/date-of-birth-mistake-213922.asp

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     24 November 2020

This is the case of yourself or someone else, as you have mentioned "Lawyer" in your profile/ author of this query ?

As stated by you, is it correct that your are working in a reputed company or practicing lawyer since both the statements are contradictory ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 November 2020

Yes, please provide the clarification sought by Mr. Vashista. 

Ishita Desai   24 November 2020

Originally posted by : sania khan
During registration of Class 10th,The school administration mistakenly did error in my Date of birth,which is 1992 but they wrote 1989.i passed class 10 in 2006 but still I have the same dob in no all my certificates, Now I am working in a reputed company and I want to rectify that .Though I tried very hard to rectify that in school days but that was futile because of school administration neglegience.kindly suggest me is there any legal way to rectify that?

Hello,

It was the fault at the school's end that they did not rectify this problem when it was solvable. So, you can claim that they had been negligent. It is vital that you gather proof. You need to present a proof that these were the documents sent by you yet there had been an error. However, this is an extremely difficult thing. If you get this proof, it is something you can use.

However, all of your college certificates and everything might've used the same date.

On the other hand, you must have also provided the birth certificate right? How did nobody dispute if the years had been different?

And all your documents, meaning are you considering passport and aadhar as well? Passport verification is a very lengthy process and it would've caught this flaw immediately. 

It does not make sense to go back to each and every institute and rectify the problem. As mentioned earlier, you must consult a lawyer or an advocate. This is not something you can do on your own. The documents you should carry are your birth certificate and your other documents to show the problem. If you have this, you can give it a try. Or else, it is advised that you do no get too much into it, because it will take a lot f time, money, effort. There is only a small percentage of chance that your problem will get solved.

Hope this has helped you.

Regards,

Ish*ta Desai

Law Student.

sania khan (lawyer)     25 November 2020

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register