Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nidish (Associate)     24 December 2014

Damage to car in society premises

Hi All,

I had parked my car in the society permitted open parking space. Two days ago a part of the terrace wall of our building collapsed due to poor maintenance and damaged my car. Luckily no one was injured. Is it possible to claim a compensation for the damages incurred on my car as its only 6 months old.

Appreciate your responses.

Best regards


 3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     24 December 2014

Dear Mr. Nidish,

1. Yes, you can file a civil suit u/s 19 of the C.P.C. seeking compensation for the damages caused to your car due to the culpable negligence of the society officer bearers.

Nidish (Associate)     24 December 2014

Thanks Rohit for your response.

Anything else I may need to make a note of while proceeding with the civil suit?

MaryWood   25 February 2023

If you are a member of society premises and you damage the property, then you must pay compensation to the owner of the property. The amount of compensation depends on the damage that has been caused. If you have caused damage, then you will check Carfax auction carfastand get more information about the cars required to pay for it. You should also know how to protect yourself from the damages which might occur after an accident.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads