Upgrad LLM


We marenge our girl(haseen ) during lockdown due to dowry (dahej)he (ashu her husband ) from muzaffarnagar beaten him badly he and hir parent And throw him Lonley a road side after that she make a call her nephew and het nephew take him back to home and he demanding jewellery and motorbike and girls side not able to take bear of it and not agery to take him back home what we should to do
Retired employee.

As the marriage is an arranged marriage, get some village elders and influence for a compromise as both are very young and immature.  Ask the girl to make approach to Legal Services Authority or some voluntary organisation of women so that they can bring pressure on her husband for a compromise and settlement to keep the marriage bonds live.


Practising Advocate

Its highly risky to send the girl to their family. As the couple is very young and  if the situation permits  give them a last chance by strictly warning them in the presence of community elders, not to commit any kind of dowry harassment in future. And if they repeat it in future file domestic violence case, maintenance and also if you do not want continue the marriage relationship file 498A against the people who subjected the women to cruelty.

Think before taking legal recourse as we cannot expect any chance of the couple reunion after initiating legal proceedings


Facts, as posted lacks clarity. Please post simple facts.

Dy Director

you could have clarified facts if you taken help of someone who knows English.


However, it is clear that as you say it is a case of dowry related harassment.  Have you contacted Mahila Thana?


​​​​thank you very much 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x