LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sober dad (retired)     11 September 2023

Cyber (computer) theft

II am 72 years retired and old . I am passing my old days with my son in  north america.I have also taken citizenship . but I love my country.So I am in contact with my Indian friends and neighbours. I had an acquaintance with a computer guy  in India who is with me on Whatsapp also. I had a software download problem ,I asked help from him he said he can help me through a window sharing app and did a 15 minute job for three days . Although he successfully accomplished the work but later my son warned me that he has taken so much of time and he is also a computer professional certainly he has sucked your all documents and downloads which has bank passport and sensitive information too. What step I can take by sitting here in North America whereas he is in India.Please advise me to protect myself from any Privacy and Security breach threats.

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     11 September 2023

Right now you can do nothing. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 September 2023

the given facts indicate friminal culpability in USA as well as in India.

However if you file a criminal cse in India you may have to come for evidence.

If you make case in USA youmay have to workk hard for his repatriation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2023

You are afraid over an imaginary issue.

However if your bank account is in India then you can inform the bank manager by an email or through a letter by post about the suspected hacking of your bank account hence to have a watch over it or you can transfer the entire amount from that bank account to your any other bank account or to any other close relative and be safe. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2023

The view of Mr Kalaiselvan are relevant and practicable.

There is a tendancy of some parents to trust persons other than their children/grand children

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register