LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpit   05 January 2019

Custody for an adult unmarried female after divorce

Hi This is Kirti. I have been married for long and have two daughter aged 22 and 16. I am going to seek divorce from my husband and would like to know some details regarding the custody, right to property for my child and alimony. Would my husband be liable for the child support of my elder daughter aged 23. After Divorce can my daughter have a right on their parent's property ( My Husband and I ) Does the choice of the kid matter in cases of custody My elder daughter is 22 and unmarried Is my husband liable for her well being and child support Please help

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   05 January 2019

Ur daughter has completed 18 yrsand major she cannot claim maintenanceif she is handicapped and unable to earn she can claim for maintenance.if the property is ancestral she have rights.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 January 2019

1. Daughters have equal share in the property inherited by their father / your husband, irrespective of the fact that she/they is/are married or unmarried, divorced or not.

2. Alimony for unmarried daughter and yourself is the responsibility of your husband.

3. Consult a local prudent lawyer for guidance and proceeding.

Sachin (N.A)     05 January 2019

Originally posted by : Arpit

Hi This is Kirti. I have been married for long and have two daughter aged 22 and 16. I am going to seek divorce from my husband and would like to know some details regarding the custody, right to property for my child and alimony. Would my husband be liable for the child support of my elder daughter aged 23.

After Divorce can my daughter have a right on their parent's property ( My Husband and I )

If property is self earned by your husband, he will decide whether to give share or not.

Does the choice of the kid matter in cases of custody.

Yes.
My elder daughter is 22 and unmarried Is my husband liable for her well being and child support.

Yes major daughter is eligible to get maintenance until she starts earning or get married.

Please help

pankaj verma   05 January 2019

satisfied with the above mentioned answers....9816374011

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register