Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a victim (Manager)     11 March 2015

Cross-exam. of 498a complainant

Dear Experts,

There are generally vague & non-specific allegations in 498a chargesheet. During cross of the 498a girl & other witnesses,is it better to leave these vague allegations untouched or we should ask as to the particular dates of alleged incidents.

My case is at cross of the 498a girl. My advocate says that we should not touch the vague allegations in cross.Is it right .If we do not touch these non- specific allegations, would it amount to admissions of allegations.Or should we touch each allegation, though vague & general in cross.

Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

498 A fighter (Advocate)     11 March 2015

same was my query i have to cross examine my wife on 12 march

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     11 March 2015

You must touch all her allegations and proved your innocence, if you will not touch then it may be presumed that you are admitting all those allegations which she had made in her statements .

Northern Queen (Manager)     11 March 2015

I agree with laxmi kant joshi. If you dont contest these allegations then it looks like you are admitting to it. It also sounds like you have a dishonest Advocate who has joined hands with the other side. I would reconsider changing him/her as soOn as possible.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     11 March 2015

I think not all allegation should be touched but only those under which you are charged.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     13 March 2015

sir yesterday chief and cross was over yestereday , 20 line ki fir me wife ne 20 page ka cross diya , sab ulta pulta , wo fir puri kanthast karke rat kar aayee thee, lekin sec09 ke jawab dawa ke me jo statement diya uske ulte satement or answer yaha par diya , court me bhi wahi attitute aur rough language use ki,, lekin mujhe maja aaya aisa laga ek lambi ladai jeet gaya koi aisi solid baat nahi rakh saki jisse pata chale ki demand and cruelty ya cruelty for demand aayee ho koi supportive evidence /material evidence nahi rakha ab uski mother ki gavhi next month hogi..thanks to you for your help and motivation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register