LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopalakrishnan   08 March 2016

Credit card payment issue

I have received a loan from ICICI bank with reference to their credit card issued to me. The amount is Rs. 1 Lac. and the EMI started from Feb-16. 

I have paid the EMI to the credit card payment account through internet. 

After the due date, ICICI bank called me for the payment. I explained them, i have received the loan based on the credit card and the EMI amount i have paid to the credit card 10 days before the due date. 

Even after that, the bank charged me late payment charges of Rs. 500, interest......all put together Rs.902.

I have asked to waive the amount Rs.902, But there is no reply from bank side. 

According to me, I have done the payment to ICICI credit card where through i have received loan. But from ICICI, they say, i have to pay the amount to Personal loan account no. 

Ultimately, there was a transfer of amount took place from ICICI credit card internally. So, they should not charge any more. Its my opinion. The bank squeezes the customers, who is really paying the EMI with othere charges like this. 

I feel very bad about this. Can we take legal proceeding for this? 

Learning

6 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     08 March 2016

1. It was your ignorance that made you deposit the EMI in the credit card account. You had taken a personal loan and you need to have deposited the emi in such loan account.

2. Since you have had paid the money in due time though in the credit card account and there has been internal transfer of the money from credit card account to the personal loan account then the bank cannot penalize for delay.

3. File a complaint before the Bank Ombudsman to settele the issue.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2016

To which a/c you have been making the previous payments?

The bank could have normalized the payments internally.

The bank could have refunded the amount paid in CC account and paid equitable interest it charges in CC.

You may write to Principle Nodal Officer, Internal BO of the bank, MD and ask to beg apology in writing and settle the a/c or you may write to Governor RBI;

governor@rbi.org.in

Or pull the bank to DCDRF. 

icicibankcare (Bank)     09 March 2016

Dear Customer, (Gopalakrishnan)

We regret the inconvenience caused. We request you to email us your concern with your contact details on care@icicibank.com. Please mention the UID (
a35yqi) in the subject line of your email. Our official will assist you.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 March 2016

Prefer to transact in writing under proper acknowledgment and demand to supply the copy of communication sent by M/s ICICI to CIBIL etc and also communication calling back your name from defaulters list by fully admitting its mistake.

Gopalakrishnan   14 June 2016

Actually, I have received a good response from ICICI bank after the above posting. The late payment fee + Interest Charges have been reversed.

But, I have done the payment last month (May-2016) in the same way to my credit card account.

For that, The bank's response is horrible. I am supposed to pay Rs. 2000 now with the following headings

1. Late Payment fee

2. Interest Charges

3. Processing Fee (Rs.1000)

Can we go to Consumer Redressel Forum(DCDRF)?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 June 2016

You may show all communications and bills of M/s ICICI bank to an able counsel specializing in consumer matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register