LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya Harshvardhan   21 February 2017

Covering of balcony for safety reasons.

I have purchased a society flat on the second floor, In Greater Noida. Due to safety reasons I have covered one of my balcony with glass and fiber glass panel and is assured that I have not moved an inch more than the floor/carpet area. The problem is that I recently received a letter from the society that it is illegal as per Noida Authority. Kindly Guide what should I do.

Learning

7 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     21 February 2017

Dear Aditya, 

Balcony is an open area as per the Plans and they shall not be covered.

If you can prove that there is no safety to your residence through that balcony, then you can cover the balcony and fight the litigation with the society members. However, you can't change the facet of the building. 

Aditya Harshvardhan   21 February 2017

Thanks for ur prompt reply sir. There are two reasons to cover my balcony space as my son is 2.5 yrs old who intend to throw things out and tries to climb chairs in the balcony. At times it is very scary. Second thing is my old aged parents who are asthmatic and having severe allergy from dust and pollution . Moreover covring balcony doesn't spoils asthetic value of buildings specially when builder has covered ground floor with the same kind of glass pannel. Kindly suggest Warm regards

Please Suggest ASAP.

Aditya Harshvardhan   22 February 2017

Thanks for ur prompt reply sir. There are two reasons to cover my balcony space as my son is 2.5 yrs old who intend to throw things out and tries to climb chairs in the balcony. At times it is very scary. Second thing is my old aged parents who are asthmatic and having severe allergy from dust and pollution . Moreover covring balcony doesn't spoils asthetic value of buildings specially when builder has covered ground floor with the same kind of glass pannel. Kindly suggest Warm regards Please Suggest.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     22 February 2017

Dear Aditya 

I have already stated in my earlier reply, "If you can prove that there is no safety to your residence through that balcony, then you can cover the balcony and fight the litigation with the society members". In case of litigation, whether judge can be satified with your reasons or not, we have to await for the same. 

shrenik (lawyer)     22 February 2017

Just ignore.the letter No one will be able to do any thing Glass paneling is not construction

steamcleaning   12 March 2020

Rough the best hand held steamer, the Jiffy Esteam is a lightweight, crucial course of action. This is an astonishing important steamer for use at home, all over, or at the work environment. It adequately stows away in a position or extra room. A 600 watt warming part puts it at one of the most prevalent top rated steam mops in USA handheld steamers available with a lively short warmth up time.

pooja thakur   14 April 2023

I have purchased a flat in Bangalore and planned to put grills in balcony with 3-4ft openable door/window but builder not allowing now. 

Kindly suggest 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register