Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunkumark (law study)     19 April 2013

Court summons

A complainant  is avoiding to accept court  summons in a criminal case (state) of 2001. but appearing as a witness in another case in the same court. Can we request the court to issue the summons in the court itself? if yes its fine. if no then give reson/


 2 Replies

advocate praveen (prop.)     19 April 2013

Yes, you can informed the court about the facts, as the accused in the case is appearing in other matter before the same court.  apart from this you can take the date of your case as the date of the ohter one.

you can also file an application before the court about the fact stated above.


arunkumark (law study)     19 April 2013

thank you so much Praveenji ,

The person mentioned is not accused but he is a complainant and the querry is from accused for speedy trial of a state case filed in 2001.most of the witneses are not traceable few of them are expired and that is why he is delaying the matter to give mental harassment to the accused in a false case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query