IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DEBJIT GHOSH (SERVICE)     20 March 2023

Court jurisdiction

Can I file a divorce petition directly to the high court, instead of to the district court of my jurisdiction?


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     20 March 2023

No, divorce petition has to be filed before Family Court having jurisdiction at first instance and therafter appeal against the decree of divorce lies to High Court.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 March 2023

Yes.  I agree with the advice of the above learned expert Mr.Bhartesh Goyal Sir.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 March 2023

Every petition under this Act shall be presented to the district Court within the local limits of whose ordinary original civil jurisdiction – (i) the marriage was solemnized, or (ii) the respondent, at the time of the presentation of the petition, resides, or (iii) the parties to the marriage last resided together,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query