Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (AM)     04 June 2011

Correction in sale deed before scanning / registration

Hi,

I bought a flat 2 years back..Its on bank loan..
At the time of registration, the person who wrote my name and my father name behind the 1st page (where the photos of buyer and seller are affixed, thumb impression is taken) made spelling mistake...So whitener was used to rectify my name...However, for my father name alternation was done...The alteration was pertaining to only 2 characters in the name...Then the registration was done...My name and father name is clearly printed in the front page of the sale deed..There is no issue there

Is this an issue considering the fact that alteration was done before the registration or scanning of documents? If yes whats the remedy...currently the dox are with the bank..

Regards

Learning

6 Replies

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     04 June 2011

Why you need to rectify the document. It is not a big issue and it need not any rectification.

S. K. Vaidya (Employee)     06 June 2011

please check index II of the said document and see that   the names of sellers and buyers are correctly incorporated. you can obtain indexII from concerned registration office.

Rajesh (AM)     07 June 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

When you say index II, is it Encumbrance Certificate that you refer to..If yes, then my name and seller's name is apearing correctly in it..However, am unable to check my dad's name as the same does not feature in EC..

Kindly advise if this is fine...Or else I need to see indexII

Regards

S. K. Vaidya (Employee)     08 June 2011

sir,

Index II is a statement duly signed by Registering officer which states precisely what document you have registered. say flat No. Area of flat its land number, contracting parties and very often Index II are checked by loan giving institution. If their is error in name or descripttion in index II then your document does not pertaint to what you intended to register. Hence if their is mistake in name, descripttion, Area or material error then you have to rectify the index II from concerned reg officer. It is not an encumbrance Register. please obtain index II and check its descripttion whether your document descripttion matches with Index II descripttion which is ultimately an evidence of what you registered. If their is no mistake then it is not a serious problem.   

Rajesh (AM)     15 June 2011

Sir, Thank you very much. Will check and update.

Rajesh (rajesh_spenv)     29 February 2012

My name is Rajesh Kumar. Last week, I bought one 30X50 BMRDA site from the previous owner of the land. The site has no issues and is proper. The issue is,
While executing my Sale deed, we found that in my name, my father's last name was wrongly mentioned at the end. Instead of Rajesh Kumar it was mentioned as Rajesh Kumar .M .

My father name is Ashok .M

I pointed out this mistake and my lawyer strike out the .M with the whitener and said that no issue will be there as it stike out with the whitener.

The sale deed went for scanning after the whitener mark and subsequently got the signature from both the parties. The whitener changes was signed only by the previous owner in the sale deed.

My queries are,

1) Is the sale deed needs to be corrected by Correction deed?

2) If the whitener change is fine, the whitener changes only signed by the previous owner and not by me. Is it fine?

I am too much worried about the changes done by whitener.Kindly let me know on my queries.

Thankss in Advane!
Rajesh Kumar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register