cpc

copyright for celebrity images

Hi,

If I purchase an image of a celebirty from "stock images company / photographer" who claim to have taken that picture and then If I publish this purchased image(s) onto a website in image gallery or an informative article. Can the celebrity file a copyright claim for not taking permission?

Please Advice,

Thanx

LAW PROFESSIONAL

As long as the uses is non commercial..you can relax..

What is the meaning of non-commercial in here?

LAW PROFESSIONAL

The web site should be "
  • Not connected with or engaged in commercial enterprises

• non-profit-makingnonprofit (not commercially motivated)

• It does not distribute or otherwise make available for the personal benefit of any member any of its income.

How about putting ads on the same page?

How come the seller was selling celebrity images for commercial gains? Nothing will happen to you as long as you do not muse the celebrity image in a mulilated form.

Non commercial means that the image should not be retouched and/or mulilated. Morever you should acknowledge the you purchased the image from a commercial seller and that the image is copyrighted automatically of it being that of a celebrity as celebrities come within the public domain. Study images in Encarta, Brittannica etc.

So if I take a picture of a celebrity, then I hold the copyright for it and can sell the same for profit without  his/her permission? I understand that these can only be sold for editorial use.

Celebrities thrive on propaganda and pay heavily for promoting themselves. However for commercial use ,you have to acknowldge that you purchased it from the source from where you purchased it. DO NOT MUTILATE OR RETOUCH THE IMAGE AS THAT'LL LAND YOU IN TROUBLE. What is editorial use?

if you want to publish the images/phots for making profit better to take permision from the celebrities.............to aviod further proceeding under Court of Law.....

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x