LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shoaib Khan (Business)     18 June 2010

Consumer query

Hii all.. i just bought a new Nokia cellphone.. But it got hanged and consequently stopped working on the 2nd day itself.. I asked for replacement of the same since there was no fault on my part but the nokia people i.e. the retailer clearly refused to change the piece. The damaged part they say is out of the scope of warranty.

Plz help me out on this:

1. how do i file a consumer complaint?
2. what are the facts which have to be stated in my consumer complaint?

3. how much does it cost to file a consumer complaint?
4. am i required to send a legal notice to the company before my complaint?

Kindly specify the sections of the Consumer protecion Act aswell whereever possible..

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     18 June 2010

you can just file consumer compliant under the act,

you just have to specify in first para that after buying the so called mobile you have become the customer  of nokia.

in second para facts of the cases and so on.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     18 June 2010

Send a legal notice to Nokia/ email. if they not respond, immediately file complaint for deficiency in service

Vineet Sapra (Advocate)     18 June 2010

u just need to send a legal notice to the retailer, nokia care, distributor and the company... rest of the proceedings will begin thereafter

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     18 June 2010

1. how do i file a consumer complaint?simple application of grievance and in one para specify customer relationship. other paras facts

2. what are the facts which have to be stated in my consumer complaint?bill of purchase, mobile purchased date etc.

3. how much does it cost to file a consumer complaint? in this forum you can approach without advocate but if you take advice of advocate it will be easy.

4. am i required to send a legal notice to the company before my complaint? yes

1 Like

Shoaib Khan (Business)     18 June 2010

thanks for your guidance everyone :)

This is really helpful!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register