Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerendra   16 July 2023

Do i need to submit the originl poa & letter of authority to the court for an overbilling petition ?

Dear all eminent lawyers,

I have notarized Power of attorney and letter of authority from my father.He is a senior citizen.I have power of attorney and letter of authority to handle all affairs of an apartment..I am told  that I need to submit it in court for an overbilling petition agianst the society in which the apartment is situated.

Till now we have submitted only a Xerox copy along with our petition . I have filed an overbilling case against the society on behalf of my father.

However ,I require the power and letter of authority for many other legal and official works of fmy father .

My queries...

1.Do I need to submit the original copy of power of attorney  and letter of authority to the court.?

2.If yes,  will I get it back after the case is over.

3.Is it ok if I submit a notarized Xerox copy of power of attorney and letter of authority.

Please advise as what has to be done.

Hope to see a lot of responses and many thanks in advance .

Regards

Veerendra Darakh.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 July 2023

You can submit an attested copy of the notarised power of attoney deed also and get it compared with the original by the court headclerk, which will be sufficient.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     17 July 2023

I agree with the learned expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan.

Initially you may file photocopy of PoA, original may be produced / shown in evidence, which shall be returned instantly. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register