LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunit kumar (Private)     06 July 2018

Procedure of transferring land to wife after husband deth

Hi, My father in-law is no more and currently my mother in-law she is head of the house . My wife has 2more sister and no brother and only one sister is unmarried, there is one land they have in the name of father in-law but there is no nominees or mother in-law's name mention on the deed/ registry paper. Now my mother in-law wanted to sell the property , so please advise what is the procedure to sell the property ?? Is she has to transfer or affidavit need to made on her name before selling property or anything else?? Thanks....

Learning

4 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     06 July 2018

Your father in law died without writing a Will. Therefore, the land belongs to all the legal heirs equally. They will have to make a partition deed, with the document of title deed of the property as the basic document. If the Daughters do not have any objection for the land to be registered in the name of Mother, they can give their no objection in such partition deed itself. Such Partition Deed need to be registered. After the procedure is followed, based on the Registered Partition Deed, the property can be sold.

Please do consult a Lawyer in your area.

1 Like

shaik.satharbibi (lawyer)     06 July 2018

your mother in -law is not sold. you contact the register office

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 July 2018

On the death of the father-in-law all the intestate properties has been vested with the legal heirs viz. the mother-in-law and the children. They can sell the property as joint holders or after partition or family settlement.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 July 2018

I agree with experts, the property shall equally devolve upon all LRs of deceased including mother-in-law and sisters-in-law.

Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, guidance and proceedings. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register