LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay dubey   25 September 2017

dear team

my father (late) had a DP account with saraswat bank in mumbai. post his death I approached them for transfer of equity to my mothers account. my mother & myself hold DP accounts as well with the bank. since there was NO nominee stated & valuation was above 5 lacs, the bank asked me to get a succession certificate for transfer of equity. When I approached a High court lawyer he updated that this exercise was required only when valuation was in excess of 10 lacs. As per current valuation the holding is below 10 lacs. Kindly guide as to whether we need a succession certificte in this case. The only legal hires after my father is my mother & myself

SHREY DAMBHARE   25 September 2017

You should apply for Succession Certificate what's big deal? Not only this but any other matter as well, you may need succession certificate. 

1 Like

vijay dubey   25 September 2017

dear shrey ji

warm greetings & thank you for the revert. now that you have advised to go ahead with the procurement of succession certificate

I would firstly like to know following details-

1 is succession certificate a general (NOT specific) certificate which can be attached with other petition in future to clarify legal hiership?

2 what would be the court fee in my case where the demant valuation holding is little below 10 lac?

3 what should be approximately the lawyer remuneration since it needs to be obtained from the high court?

4 what is the time frame for securing same?

with warm regards

vijay dubey

vijay dubey   26 September 2017

Any member can throw some light on the above query? Rgdz

SHREY DAMBHARE   27 September 2017

Sucession certificate is universal. This certificate certifies that your are successor of your late parents. It can be used in mutation, bank or wherever your father property is in question after his death. Valuation differs from State to State. You should consult any district court lawyer in your city. I cannot comment on lawyer's fees, it differs place to place and person to person. 

vijay dubey   27 September 2017

Thank you shrey ji. Really appreciate your guidance & time. Warm regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register