Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

confidential (hidden)     07 October 2014

Advise please

Hi People

i need an advise , i got married to a girl in april before marriage my inlaws informed me that the girl is married once but on next day of marriage they acme to know that the bride groom has illegal affair so they brought their daughter back to home and took divorce so i agreed for marriage beacuse (  i was cheated by a girl when im studying ) i felt that she disnt do anythng wrong nd after marriage she was separated next day and took divorce in 1 year and here comes the real part

after i got married to that girl i came to know that she was married for 6 years when i checked with the girl she agreed to that and why they didnt info me before marriage coz i told them i can survive with a girl whos mariahe is broken nd back to her home next day of marriage but not if shes married and stayed with the guy for few months or few years im not that open minded 

now i came to know this truth and i cannot even look at that girl amd hate her she lied to me nd now saying whats bigdeal people are getimg maried so what 

now i hate her more than anythng i cant survive with a person who lied to me in everything and arrogant in everyway i want to part away with her why they must lie and how can they expect me to stay with her after lnowing the truth what should i do

please suggest me 

Learning

4 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     07 October 2014

You can file a petition for annulment of marriage  and get a divorce from the family court.

sansh (not working)     07 October 2014

Annulment on what grounds?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 October 2014

You can file annulment on the ground of concealment of material fact, but I have no doubts you will not succeed because the court asks you what steps did you take to find out about her earlier divorce case and the court will attribute negligence on your part and will not give any relief, is my opinion.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 October 2014

I will not suggest annulment of marriage because it will not maintainable and sustain.  If your married life is more than one year old, better go for marriage on grounds of mental cruelty for suppression of the facts material to marriage, i.e., she suppressed the major fact about the length of her previous married life,  which would have been a decisive factor had she disclosed this before nodding to marry you or vice versa.  You may also add other types of her cruel acts that she meted out to you after the marriage in your pleadings in the divorce case you may file.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register