LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MURUGAVELU D (PHARMACIST)     06 June 2013

Property selling

My uncle with his own business income had brought a land of 2 acres in his own name in Karnataka state,about 20 years back. He has one son and 5 daughters. All his children are married and they're living separately. Now my uncle want to sell his land of 2 acres, which is objected by his only one son orally, who is not interested in selling the land. My uncle challenges that he will sell the land without considering any of his heir's permission/approval/signature. Is it possible to sell the land by not taking into account of his children ? Is there any law or rule to sell the land on his own ?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     06 June 2013

There is no need for your uncle to obtain the permission of any of his children to sell the property. It is his self acquired property, so he can dispose it in any way he likes. Nobody has any right to object.

1 Like

thinagar (M.D)     06 June 2013

he can sell  it individually because it was owned on his earnings. his son has no rights on that.

only if that property was owned by ur uncle father and that uncle father died ur uncles sons and daughters have right on that only after ur uncle ur undle sln and daughter have rights on that.

1 Like

MURUGAVELU D (PHARMACIST)     07 June 2013

Thanks for your quick replies and valuable suggestions...........!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register