Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanhan Sequth (Manager)     16 April 2013

Maintainence and Mutual Consent Divorce

Dear sirs,

Myself, Sanahan age 36 and married since 2 years now also having 1 yr old daughter.. my wife never agreed to my praents and used an excuse of a fight we had to cakll her parents and leave from the home almost 1 years ago. After that i made many attempt to go to her house and try and bring her back, even agree to reside in other home not with my parents and go the house ready.. said house belong to myself and fathr. However, her parents told to me that i must remove my father name from the house and transfer that half to my wife name then only she will come to stay.. I agree to give a POA but they did not agreed to that.. then we had several arguements regads to same finally her parents say nothing doing. i must sell that house and buy a home with my wife next to her parents home about 30 kms away from where i lived and that i must not keep any connect with my parents.. Since that day i stopped going to her house and it has been 5 months now. i have not even seen my child..

My question is this.. I have tried in all ways to convince her to come stay with me but she and her parents demands was very strong and if i was noyt comply with them then they were not letting her stay with me.

Now im not interested to live with her anymore and even she feel same. However i want to be able to connect with my child and want to provide for her

Now she sent me a mail asking for multi crore maintenance and/or asking me to transfer my flat in her name. i have already given her car which we bought together and am paying her ten thousand every month for expenses but she wants more money and property..

What to do? I want to go for MCD and so does she but she is demanding very heavy...

Learning

9 Replies

I am eagerly awaiting some good opinions... 

Reformist !!! (Other)     16 April 2013

Dude, you are a victim of extortion and blackmailing as of now. I feel if u do not conceed to her demands, she may file false cases for heavy negotiation. 

Dont be late and join local SIFF meetings before u become a new false 498a/DV./125 victim.

You need to tell whether she is qualifiied. If yes then how much ? Whether she worked at any point of time or is capable of earning. It will be worst if u transfer any property on her name. Pls do not conceed to her ever growing demands. She is only after ur money if i go as per ur saying.

So be bold dont fall for extortion and dont pay her anything if she is qualified and well capable of maintaining herself.

1 Like

Advocate Suwarna Jadhao (-)     16 April 2013

Hello Sir,

For a DMC petition there must be seperation of atleast one year. And in case of mutual settlement, its upto u both to decide the terms and conditions of divorce. And the qustion to acces of child ? Yes u will have access to the child, and its again upto u to decide,  as u want to meet her once/twice/etc in a week, if the child grows up yes u can even ask for that ur child should stay with u for 2-3 days or as u agree. U decide ur terms and conditions so that DMC can be filed and its the only speediest way to get divorce, it saves ur time and money.

If at all she is not agreeing than u will have to opt for contested divorce and prove that she is not liable for the amount of alimony / maintenece as she is claiming for.

Adv. Suwarna Jadhao

Nagpur

1 Like

Thanks to all of you for your replies..

Need Justice : Yes she is working and had worked before too.. She is MBA, We are Indian Christians and she has a sibling..

@498aweddinggift : I have not transffered any property to her except for the car under good duidance from well wishers who warned me of the wrong intentions..

@Advocate Suwarna Jadhao :  We have already been se[perate fro almost a year now.. Applying for MCD

Thank you you very much. You have given me much strength.. God bless you!

(Guest)

No child, NO CHILDREN.

Difficulties coping with each other temparaments etc, young [ 25-30]

All fine.

You 35+ got a kid.  After having kid, you both live for the kid.  What more can you live for?

Not just yourselves.  Its a God gift that you are parents.  Just bury that ego, you both idiots for the sake of the child's future.

Just bury that ego.  All will be fine. Not all are blessed to have kid/kids and a family that you could care for.  Take time.  Think.

IT is going to be a very difficult thing for the kid if you nuts [husband and wife] go for a divorce.

SUNIL JAIN (A.M)     17 April 2013

What will happened if wife is not working and husband have a very good salary so how much she demand for the maintainence. is there any fixed rule for maintainence. How to reduce the maintainence

RAKESH SHARMA (student)     18 April 2013

1.What about mutual agreement with wife if male son age 25 years threats father not to meet his working mother who 80% took money to buy a house only on her name (without husband's name)? or any way, husband can claim his share in house? 2.What can a father do in defense against matured son? or mutual agreement is needed?

RAKESH SHARMA (student)     18 April 2013

Anybody will advise how scene will change if:

1. A 25 year old working son and separated 50 year old Hindu working wife both claim father's/husband's property with threat of no relation anymore;

2. How US citizen husband can claim back his share in a house property which a wife purchased on her name after getting money in her bank account from US?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register