Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Bansal (Article Assistant)     29 August 2014

Conversion of religion

Hello Everybody,

I am a Hindu, Now i want  to change my Religion from Hindu to Muslim Religion. So pls tell me the procedure for conversion.

Learning

7 Replies

Simi Salooja (Legal Secretary)     30 August 2014

Take a help of kazi.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2014

Law - you hve a right to covert

Procedure - agreed with Ms SImi Saluja.

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     03 September 2014

Renouncing your religion and opting another is your Right.

Do consider the aspects of how the conversion will effect your rights in every way.

A Kazi should be an ideal procedural guide

Regards

Chetan Joshi

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     03 September 2014

Please keep in mind, that while professing a religion of your choice is a Fundamental right, do think about conversion with foresight and keeping in mind families etc. 

However, not only will you require the help of a Religious leader etc but also will have to officially announce your change of religion.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 September 2014

First visit a local mosque, approach the Chief Kazi, express your desire, observe the formalities and comply with the further requirements.

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     05 September 2014

Article 25 of the Constitution of India grants to the citizens of all religious persuasions, freedom to profess, practise and propagate their faith in a way that does not disrupt public order and does not affect public health and morality adversely. So, that way you have the freedom of faith of your choice. However, please be advised that certain states in India have enacted anti-conversion laws which lay down the procedure be to followed for conversion from one religion to another. As per my knowledge, such laws exist at least in the states of Orissa, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Arunachal Pradesh. I am not aware about other states. So, please consult the relevant anti-conversion law, if any, in your state.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2014

well elaborated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register