LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiksha K   17 July 2021

Contested divorce

After breaking a relation, got married. Then separated over huge mental torture, physical abuse. After separation , again started communication with guy whom I broke up before marriage. Can this go against me in contested divorce proceedings? If yes, how?

Learning

4 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   17 July 2021

The situation you've elaborated above is very complex due to which usually people try to contradict and question even the simplest decisions made by them which later on leads to a very critical situation of asking for opinions. Many people might come up with different views at this particular time and can lead you to a troublesome situation.

In these situations your conversations can be misled or misinterpreted which is something one should avoid while a proceeding is going on. One in a relationship shares everything that gives him or her pleasure to his or her spouse, but when you're competing with you the same loved ones things are same anymore, cause now anything you share as a part of family could actually lead to issues and points raised by opponent party before the court of law.
For instance, you might happily discuss doing something with your children which your spouse thinks is inappropriate; she might raise a stink to make you look like an irresponsible parent. Why risk giving her ammunition?

Remember Murphy’s Law and assume the worst: If something you say can be misquoted or misinterpreted to your disadvantage, it will be!

Thus, at a personally as well as professionally I would advice that you should avoid communicating with your future ex (going to be ex-spouse) in order to avoid any problems in the suit.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Doveson (advocate)     19 July 2021

see, in such cases, an allegation may arise that it was because of your fixation with your premarital relationship that your marriage failed. hence it is necessary that nobody comes to know that you had any relationship with that guy before your marriage. assuming that your husband comes to know of this, never admit that you were in a relationship with that guy, maintain that it was just friendship. 

Shiksha K   19 July 2021

He knew very well about my relationship before marriage. I have mail proof regarding the same. He is the one who made me break up by creating lots of doubts in my mind since it was very long distance with my bf.

Doveson (advocate)     19 July 2021

ok. then it would depend on the contents of these mails. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register