Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan K   02 November 2020

Contested divorce

Kind attention to all legal experts,
I am Saravanan, Engineer working in Central Govt, aged 39, married 2009, we have female baby 9 year old, since marriage there is cooperation by my wife, she is fighting with all my relatives, house owners wife, neibors, friends wife etc. Her nature is not mingle with people and showing arrogancy to me and all. For provoding food to me and my doughter, she is stating that she is not servant for both, last 7 years i am taking hotel food. She is frequently beating my daughter, she never behaves lovable mother to our daughter. Last 7 years there is no marrital relation between us. I tried my best to living with her she never cooperate with me and she is not at all dutiful wife to me. So I filed a divorce pettion to family court in Feb 2017 also filled Guardian and wards in 2019. Family councelling held and not settled, then mediation also held for around 2 year not settled. Three mediates are involved in this case. She told me that she will not leave me at any cost. During mediation, case reffered to psychatist and not settled. She will not give me divorce, my own house also she occupied, she forcefully try to occupy my parents house also, in this attempt she was beaten my mother. l am paying Rs.12,000 for every month as maintenance. Presently, i am living in rented room. Because of hotel food I have health problem also. In this situation, all my well wishers and relatives are advising me to start live in relation with a girl who is willing without marriage leagally.
If so, what are the legal issues are there?
Whether is there any problem to my job?
Kindly advice me how to come out from this situation.
K.Saravanan, Tamil Nadu

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 November 2020

Hello,

You can stay live-in relationship with another woman. But it is against morality so you may face a problem with your job if your wife approaches your department. Try to settle your divorce case by offering a one-time settlement amount to your wife and get a divorce. 

Saravanan K   02 November 2020

Thank you Sir for your kind response, for more clarity, if I stay live-in relationship with another woman whether I may loose my job? I request you to clarify the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register