LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Balasubramaniyan   15 March 2024

Consumer court proceedings

I have filled a consumer suit in District level. Now it's in proof of affidavit stage. Is there any format for filing. Also do we need to file all available proof along with it.

Learning

7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 March 2024

What did your lawyer say?  You can produce evidence in the court by way affidavit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 March 2024

The case is posted for trial hence you need to depose your side evidence by an affidavit towards chief examination and can mark all those documentary evidences in your possession to be marked as your side exhibits supporting your pleadings. 

K Balasubramaniyan   16 March 2024

I represent on my own and I don't appoint any lawyer.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     16 March 2024

File the affidavit  containing  all necessary facts of your case and detailes of proofs marked as exhibits. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     16 March 2024

Original documents of your claim shall have to be produced and exhibited with your affidavit.

K Balasubramaniyan   16 March 2024

I submitted 5 copies of petitions at the time of filling (3 for chairpersons and 2 for 2 OPs). Do I need to submit like that. Also can I submit in pendrive?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 March 2024

It is the trial stage. 

You have to file the chief evidence by an affidavit  and attach all the documents that you rely upon as exhibits from your side and file it before court. 

You can approach the concerned bench clerk to know about the further procedure or at least approach an advocate to guide you from outside. 

There's no point in approaching forums like this to know about the practical procedures followed by different courts across the country. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register