Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   21 June 2022

construction of 2 story building

dear Sir
I was allotted 1 room kitchen under Maharashtra Hudco scheme In 1980 under low poverty scheme .

Around 7 years back,I completely demolished the 1 room kitchen and built 2 story budibg on it without taking prior approval from Ahmednagar Municipal authority to construct.

Today, the Ahmednagar Municipal Corporation representative visited my house for measurements and asked me to submit budding plan to him. And he assured to me that there won't be any changes in the existing Municipal house tax.

As far as I know no prior permission was and is now needed to renovate the old building from Municipal Authorities.

kindly advice what suitable action must I take with the Municipal Authorities to avoid any increase in the corporation house tax.

it's urgent so quick advice from learned Advocates would be appreciated

Best regards


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     21 June 2022


If you have constructed the new building with the additional area then you are liable to pay additional property tax. You cannot avoid it. Submit the plan as asked by the corporation. 

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   21 June 2022

Dear Sir 

Thanks for the valuable information and advice 

I demised my old house same area and build new 2 story new building aroubd 5 years back. 

As per the new Maharashtra govt  laws,there is no need to get prior approval if you construct new house or extension within 1500 sq ft areas.  My present house area is onky 900 sq ft.

Please advice 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query